Joe and Nancy

Joe and Nancy
Our Home on Wheels (Click on image above for our web albums.)

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Great Smoky Mountains NP #2

Nancy blazing the trail up the Middle Prong above Fremont.  This used to be a rail bed for the Little River Lumber Company (LRLC).  We walked up about two miles and walked back just enjoying the colors and the rushing sounds of the Little River.
An old Cadillac hulk left behind at the CCC Camp that was here.  I am told that the car belonged to the Camp Foreman.
Nancy trying to find a long sleeve shirt with a bear on it.  No luck.  This was at the Cades Cove Visitor's Center gift shop.
This a view of the Cable house at the far western end of Cades Cove.
Cades Cove midway looking north.
 A couple of pics of the Little River.
 It was pretty wet while we were in the Smokies for two weeks.  Not every day, but in the fall when it rains in the Smokies, it seems to just stay wet for days.
I snapped several pics of this hungry bruin, but there wasn't much light so the pics weren't great.  We did keep our distance as I had the 300mm on at this time, which is not a wide angle lens and that added to the dimness.
 Throughout the Smokies there just countless opportunities for pics such as these.
 Me with my Old Dominion hat on.  Our football team went to the playoffs their first year in bowl competition.  Go Monarchs.
Here I am behind the pulpit at the Cades Cove Missionary Baptist Church.  I'm preaching to Nancy, but she fell asleep.  :-)

Let me stop here for now as I will follow up with my next blog on the Smokies shortly.  Obviously I am way behind, but I do want to get caught up as we prepare for our departure back to southwest right after the new year.  Till the next time, RVing Beach Bums.










No comments:

Post a Comment